Degree Programme: Advanced Industrial Technologies (AIT) - in English
|Form of training
||according to the general requirements of TU - Sofia
Access to further training
Graduating in "Advanced Industrial Technologies" bachelors can apply to competition on documents and to continue their education in degree "Master". Excellent students from here can be sent under the "Erasmus" program for training and preparing a thesis in leading European universities.
The education in this subject is conformable to the modern CAD/CAM/CAE technologies, to the means and technologies of 3D-engineering modeling, virtual engineering and management of engineering information, as well as to educational and research programs of leading European universities in UK, Germany, France, Italy, etc.
A common feature of training
The specialty “Advanced Industrial Technologies” trains widely specialized mechanical engineers with a profound computer instruction and direction to the modern CAD/CAM/CAE technologies, to the means and technologies of 3D-engineering modeling, virtual engineering and management of engineering information. The general nature of the subject is guaranteed by a strong fundamental, general-education and specialized training, including knowledge about: the nature of the physical phenomena, the industrial processes and technologies; the structure, properties and production methods of machine-building materials; the machine components and products; the technology processes of design, constructing, manufacturing, assembling and control; the technological abilities of modern production machines and equipment, the means and technologies of 3D-engineering modeling, virtual engineering and engineering processes in the field of machine-building technologies and their rapid integration by wider using of information technologies and of methods and instruments of processing information flows.
Educational and professional goals
The experience, gained to date, indicates that the mechanical engineers, who have been extensively educated in applying methods and instruments of information technologies, integrated CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM systems and virtual engineering in field of industry and development, start successfully their realization in various spheres, such as:
· effective application of information technologies and CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM systems in the industrial companies;
· design, constructing and industrializing of machines and technological equipment, based on CAD/CAM technologies; design, investigation and development of new products and systems; elaboration of control programs and tuning of technological and production systems with digital program control by application of CAD/CAM;
· information and resource management of engineering processes in the industry and development of new products and systems in conditions of distributed environment.
Realization of successful graduates
The students, graduated at this subject, can work as designers, constructors, technologists, information managers and leading specialists in small and medium-sized enterprises in all fields of industry, such as:
- small and medium-sized enterprises in the sphere of tools production;
- enterprises in the field of production of components and assemblies for the international market;
- engineering companies in field of industrial automation and inter-factory logistics;
- development of new products;
- mconsultancy companies and firms, specialized in application of information technologies and CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM systems in the enterprises;
Many of those, graduated at this subject, work at European companies with enterprises in Bulgaria, especially in the field of information technologies in the industry, as well as at various West-European firms in the same field.