Degree Programme: Computer Aided Design and Technology in Machine-Building (CADTM)
|Form of training
||Competition with documents under the general requirements for admission to TU - Sofia
Access to further training
Graduates majoring in "Computer design and technology in mechanical engineering" can apply to continue their education in degree "Master". Excellent students from this area can be sent under the "Erasmus" program for training and preparing a thesis in leading European universities.
Training in the specialty is in line with the latest CAD/CAM/CAE technologies, tools and technologies to engineer three-dimensional modelling (3D modelling), virtual engineering and engineering management information, and educational and research programs of leading European universities in England, Germany, France, Italy and others.
A common feature of the training process
The "Computer aided design and technology in manufacturing" preparing wide-profile engineers with advanced computer knowledge and orientation to modern CAD / CAM / CAE technology and engineering resources of the three-dimensional modelling, virtual engineering and management engineering information. The universal nature of the program is ensured by sound of fundamentals, general and specialized training that includes knowledge about the nature of physical phenomena, processes and technology, structure, properties and methods of obtaining machine-building materials, machinery components and products, the nature of technological processes design, construction, manufacturing, assembly and control the technological possibilities of modern production machines and equipment, tools and technologies to engineer three-dimensional modelling, virtual engineering and engineering processes in the field of machine technology and its rapid integration with the wider use of information technology methods and means of processing information flows.
Educational and professional goals
Successful graduates should:
• Be familiar with three-dimensional design in level of high-end class;
• Know methods to quickly create form tools (Rapid Tooling process);
• Have knowledge of engineering management and engineering processes in a distributed environment;
• Have knowledge of engineering field to develop products using computer technology and virtual engineering;
• Have basic knowledge in computer networks, programming languages and multimedia technologies and WEB.
Realization of successful graduates
Graduates will be using the methods and means of information technology, integrated CAD / CAM / CAE and PLM systems and virtual engineering in industry, very successfully implemented in several areas such as:
• adopt and effectively apply information technology and CAD / CAM / CAE and PLM systems in enterprises, plants, etc.;
• Designed, built and industrialized machines and technological equipment on the basis of CAD / CAM technology;
• Design, research and develop new products and systems;
• Develop control programs and adjust technology and production systems with CNC used of CAD / CAM;
• Carry out an information and resource management processes in engineering and manufacturing development of new products and systems under distributed environment;
• Carry out the organization and management of production units by PLM technology on company and corporate level.
Graduates majoring can work as designers, engineers, technologists, information managers and leading specialists in small and medium enterprises in all areas of industry such as SMB (Small and Medium Business) in the field of tool manufacturing, companies in the manufacturing of components and assemblies for the international market, engineering firms in the field of industrial automation and internal factory logistics development of new products, consulting companies and firms specializing in information technology and CAD / CAM / CAE and PLM systems in enterprises. Many graduates work in major European companies with businesses in Bulgaria, especially in the field of computer technology in the industry.